Friday, November 24, 2017

Wayne's Suggested Gift List

Etchings by NeRay
   " I started etching around 16 years age. I was getting married and decided that I not only wanted the traditional " Bride & Groom" glasses for myself but everyone in the wedding party as a special thank you for coming. That was the beginning of my etching love."

Glass etching is the abrading or roughening of a piece of glass in selected areas in order to produce a design. It is a way to produce a “frosted” design on the surface of a piece of glass, but it is much more than that! It can also be used to carve a design deep into the glass or to produce a shaded design that looks like delicate airbrushing but is permanently etched in the glass. Using the same equipment and techniques, it is also possible to etch or carve on stone, ceramic or wood, and even to etch designs on metal!

 

"Several years later, I purchased diamond tip bits and begin etching again. At the time, I was going through a family crises and really needed a way to works through some anxiety I was feeling. I would put on the headphone, and bury myself in my etchings. The process helped me clear my head and improve my skills.
After some consideration and support my family and friends, Etchings by NeRay  was born.

Glass engraving is considered by many to be a dying art form. While this is far from accurate it is certainly a form that has seen its heyday come and go. Despite this, there are still many glass engravers who are producing bold dynamic and aesthetically challenging artworks.

" I love a challenge and really like do custom work. That is where you bring a photo or an invitation and I create the image on glass."

The blue glass has Holiday theme pictures sketched on.


 
 
The Flower Nook has been very proud to have the etching by Denise Halter.

No comments:

Post a Comment