Sunday, May 4, 2014

Greatest Gift


Celebrating Mother's

         As one of the several mothers at the Flower Nook, that will spend this upcoming week working long hours to create floral bouquets to celebrate that special woman that was there for you, I wanted to share our collective thoughts with you. 
I have had lovely Mothers’ Days in my life. When my children were younger, I had to remain in bed until they could serve me breakfast there-French toast (sometimes a little crispier than usual) and orange juice-always lovingly, sometimes messily, most often safely prepared.
There were gifts– handmade cards, poems, drawings, and coupon books. The latter promised hours of house cleanings, meals to be prepared on one of my busier days and sometimes an unlimited number of hugs.
I think I always collected on the hugs. I probably didn’t redeem all of the other coupons offered; but I knew on those mothers’ days that my children’s’ hearts and minds were filled with finding creative, tangible (and inexpensive) ways to say "I love you, Mom."
As my kids grew into adulthood and as we spread out across the country, on Mothers’ Day I could count on a phone call from each of them-three kid calls in one day.
Now, as women of age, my children will ask: What would you like on Mother's Day--some new clothes, maybe that expensive perfume that I will not buy for myself or a new cookbook.
My answer: Their greatest gift to me will always be simply in their being.
        P.S.  However, if you feel the need to purchase me something, please shop at the Flower Nook. They have so many wonderful unique gifts such as floral bouquets, lush green plants, permanent botanicals, Kansas food,  artist designed jewelry and  much more.

208 E. Iron Avenue
Salina, KS 67401
Local: (785) 827-0351
Toll Free: (800) 499-NOOK (6665)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment